7.19.2008

on earth

In my most recent years of being in serious relationships, I always had a problem with telling people that I loved them above all else and that they were the most important to me in my life. This was a problem for me because as a believer in Jesus and God's Word, I was to put them first and foremost in my life. There was to be none higher than God in who I loved. I felt bad because I was telling things that just didn't feel right. And it felt weird to say "You are the most important thing in my life, after God." Well, I found a very easy way to get around that now. I was reading one of my books and in it was a personal story from the author. In this story the author was talking about his family and how he loved them more than anything on earth. Before he said that he stated that he loved God more than anything. I am not stuck in that situation much anymore being married and all, but for all you non-commitment types, there is the answer. You can tell them that they are the "most important thing and that you love them more than anything on earth." For me, it still allows freedom in the expression and non-guilt for God's priority in our lives.

God Bless ya'll.

No comments: