9.23.2008

Today

I went to the DRC (District Resource Center) in Sacramento today to begin my application for being pastorized. Yes, I said pastorized. It was a term that my former employer Matt gave me after I went to Phoenix for Pastors School. It was something that stuck with me over the years. Anyways, it was a long trip. Under no traffic conditions, it takes about 2.5 hours to get there. Well, today it took (surprise, surprise) 2.5 hours to get there! We left the school at 10 am and we did not have to be there until 2 pm. So the people who planned this trip expected us to take 4 hours for a 2.5 hour trip. Can I say waste of time? Once we were there we had a quick tour of the building and then we began our application process. There were many papers to fill out. That whole process took about 2 hours and then Dr. Herndon spoke after that for about 30 minutes on some of the history of the denomination and its roots. After that my group decided to go to dinner instead of being oarked in traffic. The decision was to go to TGI Fridays. It was my first time there. I had the Parmesaian-Crusted Siscillian Quesadillas. It was good. By the time we left there it was about 6:45 p.m. There was no traffic so it took us about 3 hours to get home. I walked through the door of my room at 10:05 pm. More to come later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoy reading the play-by-play of your day. Especially, since you guys are so far away . . . nice to know what you do in a day. Have a good one!